Sonntag, 1. Januar 2012

It´s been a long road to 2012...

31.12. Deciding to take the train from Hoi An to Nha Trang made me getting up early. I got to Danang train station by car and then booked a berth for the 11-hour trip to the Beach Capital of Vietnam (30$, pretty expensive but cheaper than the 1-hour flight).
Da Nang Train Station

Exploring the beautiful landscape of the Central Highlands and the Coast was an amazing experience. Taking the train instead of a plane was definitely a wise decision. I finally arrived in Nha Trang at around 9pm and got to my hotel by car again.

My (a bit crappy) berth on the bottom left

(My neighbour´s stuff on the table - mixture of tiger balm and Vietnamese cigarettes seems to be their elixir)



Having a tasty dinner and buying a bottle of Vietnamese whiskey (2,5 $ - haha) I headed to the beach (5 minutes) to see a stunning firework.


To all my family and friends all over the world - HAPPY NEW YEAR! Wish you all the best for 2012!


1 Kommentar: