In the evening many bars and restaurants on the strip offered not only free local beer but shows as well:
2.1.2012 Today I checked out my "Lonely Planet" travel guide to see what sights Nha Trang has to offer. I decided to walk to the north-west of the city to take a look at the Long Son Pagoda and its huge Buddha statues. It took me around 30 minutes to walk before I reached it. No entrance fee - nice! One has to be careful with "students", offering "tours or postcards" as they overcharge. Even more, a guide was not necessary at all as the temple, the statues and the stunning view spoke for themselves.
The Long Son Pagoda was bulit in the 19th century and rebuilt several times. Entrance gate and the temple itself is decorated by mosaic dragons and constructed with glass and ceramic.
| Pagoda with Big "Kim Than Phat To" in the background |
After taking some stairs I reached the reclining buddha:
Finally, after a few more stairs, I reached the top with the amazing view of Nha Trang and the huge buddha.
| "Entrance to the big buddha" |
| Inside the big buddha |
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen