Donnerstag, 29. Dezember 2011

Captivating Hoi An

29.12. In order to get most of Vietnamese way of life the first adaption was to switch my sleeping rhythm to "go- to bed-early-get up-early". I therefore headed to that tiny little ancient town by only a 5-10 minutes walk at around 8.30am. So many sights and lovley places located within a small square makes Hoi An pretty walkable.

Starting my tour in the west of Hoi An I passed another Vietnam War Memorial. Turning left lovely little streets with vendors invited me to have a deeper look. It was almost impossible to walk more than 100 meters without stumbling into a Pagoda, Church, Temple or another sight.



As you can see the weather is awesome. I read before that if the weather in Danang & Hué is bad it should be good in Hoi An - I can just agree.
 
After buying flipflops for around 2,5 $ and a cold drink I just sat down at the riverside and watched the people go by. Hoi An offers two little islands ("An Hoi Islet" & "Cam Nam Island") in the south, which are walkable as well.

Here are some pictures of the sights I have visited on my walking tour:
North-East of Hoi An

Vietnam War Memorial

Welcome to Ancient Hoi An

Streetview of Hoi An

Japanese Covered Bridge

Assembly Hall of the Cantonese Chinese

Phac Hat Pagoda


Phac Hat Pagoda

Boat on Thu Bon River

Thu Bon River

Riverside View from An Hoi Islet

Fancy Chinese Restaurant on the Islet

"Animal life" on the Islet

View from the East side of the Islet



In the early afternoon I returned to my hotel for a place to hide from the burning sun and for a short nap.

Later, in the evening I had a short run to greater Hoi An. Humidity almost killed me - of course not literally. One really has to enjoy the smaller, non-tourist parts of the city with natives hanging out together and having a cup of tea or a cold beer.

By checking out Hoi An´s "nightlife" I first had dinner in the ancient town and enjoyed a drink at the promenade. Stunning place to be -it really makes you smile and forget about everything...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen