Mittwoch, 28. Dezember 2011

On the road from Hué to Hoi An

28.12. Talking to natives and other backpackers convinced me in skipping Danang (third largest city of Vietnam, inudstry, huge luxury resorts and in general a city in the development - not what I was looking for) and heading directly to Hoi An. I left Hué at around 1pm by a crappy old bus, which bounced down the streets (4,5 hours / 4 $).

Some impressions from the journey to Hoi An:




Of course, the bus drove us (accidentally - for sure!) to a hotel, which offers "nice, cheap rooms - look look! - very cheap" - No Thank You, I´m fine! At that point I again appreciated my "Lonely Planet" that bewared me of scam, duplicates and provided some helpful hints, as well as my great stay for the night. Due to a promotion (not sure whether promotion is used quite inflationary here...) I found a cheap but awesome room at the north end of Hoi An.

It took me only a little less than 10 minutes by motobike with a friendly woman for around 50,000 Dong (around 2,5 $) to reach my hotel. As mentioned above, a wonderful place and great deal so far!

Will check out Hoi An tomorrow as Vietnamese life seems to slow down after 8pm and at around 10pm one can hardly find someone on the streets.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen